Imagine what it would be like if you had access to an instant library of thousands of classic movies. How many new outfits could you create? How much creative wardrobe inspiration could you muster?
One of the missions of this blog is to show you how to create great style on a budget. I have been a Netflix member since 2003 and I am kind of obsessed with this service. Right now, I am on the most inexpensive plan with only one at home movie at a time because I love the "Watch Instantly" option. I watch most of my media on my computer. So, for less than $10 per month, I get almost all the movies I want and/or need. That's a great bargain!
You probably already know how great this service is but if not, you should sign up for a free trial. You will be hooked, I am sure. When you get access, here are some new additions to the classic movies collection available for online viewing.
- War & Peace with Audrey Hepburn
- High Noon with Grace Kelly and Gary Cooper
- The Last Time I Saw Paris with Elizabeth Taylor and Donna Reed
- Carmen Jones with Dorothy Dandridge and Harry Belafonte
- The Black Pirate with Douglas Fairbanks
- Man of La Mancha with Sophia Loren
- The Italian Job with Michael Caine
- Copacabana with Carmen Miranda
- Love Laughs at Andy Hardy with Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland
And they have loaded almost every one of Marilyn Monroe's films and what appears to be the entire library of 007 James Bond movies. To buy all of these films would be very expensive, even if you bought them used. And they would take up an awful lot of room! You could get them all from the local library (which is another great thrifty tip for getting access to classic films) but you would certainly have a time carrying out all of these listed above.
And now you begin to see the wonder of Netflix, it's cheap, stores all of the movies for you and you can access them anywhere you have an internet connection -- including your iPhone. Awesome.